For Playing Videos
If you are not able to watch the Videos, please go through these easy instructions to solve your problem.
1. Try using the "download" option:
For giving you the best quality Video, we have put Videos only at medium and high quality in bandwidths of 100K (100 Kbps) and 300K (300 Kbps). If your videos stops frequently when playing, your connection speed may be slow. This may be specially true for users in India. You should try downloading the video on your computer. Link has been given with each clip to download as shown in the picture above. You need to right-click this link and choose "save target as". Once whole clip has downloaded, you can double click the downloaded file and it will play without interruptions because it is no longer using a live connection to internet.
2. Having the right Video Player
Most of our Videos are now in Windows Media Format. Windows Media player comes pre-installed on all Windows machines. You may also download it here (we recommend downloading version 9). Mac users please see below for the Mac version of windows media player.
3. Try opening in new Window
We have configured most of the Videos to play in separate player window. But for some videos and also for Video Greeting Cards and Video Presents which you may have received from your friends/relatives, video is configured to play inside the browser. In such cases if you are facing any problem you may click on the "Launch an External Player" link to see videos in standalone player's window.
Note for Firefox Users
We have not seen any issues with Firefox 1.0 onwards but if the video is not playing inside the browser window, you may try clicking the "Launch an External Player".
Note for Netscape Users
If you are using Netscape you would need to install "this Netscape plugin" to play videos inside Browser window. It has been released by Microsoft for Netscape Browsers and is also available on the Microsoft website.
Note for Mac Users
Mac users need to install the Windows Media Player available at the Microsoft Website to view the Videos. This installs a plugin so the videos will start playing inside Quicktime. You may also install a standalone windows media player for mac if you want.
Real Player Videos
As of now, there are 5 Video titles still in Real Player format. They are:
- Waho Waho Bani Nirankar Hai
- Dasan Das Raen Dasan Ki
- Pancham Pita Tavi Te Baithe (though superceded by "Bhane Jwas Hor Daat Nahi")
- Sunho Loka Main Prem Ras Paya
- Teg Bahadur Simriey - 1
To watch these, you need the Real Player. Here are some Helpful tips for playing Real Player files:
- First Make Sure you have installed the Realplayer on your computer. You may download the RealPlayer from our site It is for Windows PC, or you may download any version you want from RealNetworks website. At this site choose the version as Realplayer G2 or higher i.e. Realplayer 10, or RealOne, or RealPlayer 8 etc in the section for your OS.
- Please note that you do not need the above step if you already have Realplayer software installed. You may easily check this by playing thissample real player clip.
- You may try launching the standalone player. For this you simply need to click on the link marked as "launch external player" on every SikhVideos player window. This will launch standalone window for the Realplayer software and the Video will play in a window outside of Browser's window. This can solve the problem for some browsers which have problem in running video inside the Browser window itself.
- If you get the error - "Requested file not found. The link you followed may be outdated or inaccurate ...", please do inform us immediately telling us the title of the Video you were trying to watch and we would fix the problem immediately.
- If none of the above works we request you to write to us. We cannot afford anyone to miss the Videos as that defeats the whole purpose and hard word of putting them online. We try to resolve each individual problem on a very high priority.
- It would greatly help us if you please mention i) the Video you tried to watch, ii) name and version of browser, and iii) the Operating System of your computer.